Millions of companies worldwide are now joining the eco-friendly business or are converting themselves to use eco-friendly technologies for operations. However, no matter the size of the business, in this day and age, if you don’t have a website, you don’t have a lot of customers.
However, we all know that a website doesn’t just pop out of the sky; it’s hosted by companies running huge amounts of data servers, and where there are data servers, there’s bound to be a huge amount of electricity consumed, which brings us to an important point:
Regular web hosting is not eco friendly!
But how do we get a green web hosting service for our business? Hosting that is reliable, has the same features as regular web hosting packages, and is eco friendly? Thankfully, the answer to our problems is already here. A few companies have started providing eco friendly hosting packages for both small and large scale businesses, and the leader of the pack is a hosting service called GreenGeeks.
GreenGeeks is one of the best environmentally friendly web hosting providers on the planet. Not only they claim to provide customers with an eco-friendly promise, but also provide hosting services that are equal to some of the best hosting services available in the market today. The company claims to run on 300% renewable energy.
But wait, what does 300% green energy actually mean?
Well, to explain further, here are a few things GreenGeeks does for the environment:
- For every unit of energy consumed by the servers at GreenGeeks, the company invests 3 times as much in the Bonneville Environmental Foundation.
- They also hold a partnership with EPA, one of the largest agencies working on sustainable energy in the United States.
- GreenGeeks has also set up its datacenters using the most energy-efficient hardware and software, with no wastage of any resources.
Here are just a few of the great features that GreenGeeks has to offer:
- 300% Eco Friendly
- Free SSL certificate
- Easy WordPress installation
- Free domain
- 24/7 customer service
- Economical (as low as $2.95 a month)
- 98% uptime guaranteed
- Free daily backups
- Seamless scalability
- Unlimited storage
- RAID-10 SSD Storage
- Unlimited email accounts
- Support for the fastest technologies
- Free CDN
Not convinced? I believe in only approving what I use myself, and so I’m proud to tell you that this website is also hosted by GreenGeeks, and I can safely say that it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.
However, there few minor drawbacks too:
- GreenGeeks does not cover every type of hosting. You can only choose from WordPress, Reseller, or VPS hosting. Most of us usually go for WordPress hosting, which is what I did as well.
- The reseller or VPS hosting packages are on the higher side, starting at $30 and $40 per month respectively, but if you want high-performance servers or multiple accounts for your organization, these options may suit you.
- Compared to other user interfaces, the GreenGeeks user interface requires a few weeks to get used to, but once you do it’s a breeze to navigate your way around everything.
- The renewal rate is a bit higher than a few other platforms since the discounted price only lasts for the introductory period (you can choose from 1, 2, or 3 years). However, the extras you get such as unlimited storage more than make up for it.
Saving money is important, especially for a business that is just starting out, so before making every decision you always think about whether you’re getting good value for money. While starting off my website I too had the same problem.
I was bootstrapping my way as a university student, and like everyone else, I also had to think about the money. I thought to start a website I would need hundreds of dollars. Greengeeks offered me the following packages:
I chose the Lite package because that’s all I needed for my website. It’s pretty much what most of us would really want, but if someone has other requirements or multiple websites, they can choose to go for the other packages too. If you want to get yourself a great deal as well, click on the button below:
If you’re starting a website, you need to understand the impact it is having on the environment. It doesn’t matter where you go with your business; in the end, if it’s polluting the planet you’re living in, it’s not going to do you any good in the future. You need to take action now, think green, and start off with the right step by choosing green web hosting. Our planet needs help, and it’s high time we start using greener alternatives to restore our planet to what it was once before.