It’s no secret that going green is essential. We all have a responsibility to take care of our planet, and making small changes in our everyday lives is a great way to start. One of the easiest ways to go green is by using recycled printing paper. Not only does it save trees, but it can also save you money in the long run!
The world runs on Paper!
Did you know that the average person uses 700 pounds of paper each year in the US? That’s a lot of paper! Most of it comes from office settings, where we use it for everything from printing tasks to making copies. Copy paper sizes and colors vary, but they all have one thing in common, ending up in the trash – which isn’t good for the environment.
In fact, the paper industry is one of the leading contributors to deforestation. Every year, millions of trees are cut down to make new paper. This not only destroys natural habitats but also contributes to climate change.
So what’s the solution?
Recycled printing paper! By using recycled paper, we can help reduce deforestation and save our planet. With the fast-paced age of technology today, finding good quality paper (and more importantly, eco-friendly paper) is easier than you think. You can easily buy papers online from the comfort of your home, and with trusted brands such as Amazon to deliver, you would never need to leave the comfort of your chair!
Why choose recycled printing paper?
There are many reasons to choose recycled print paper over virgin paper. Recycled paper is made from post-consumer waste, which means it’s been used before and would otherwise end up in a landfill. This makes it a more sustainable option, as it requires less energy and water to produce. Read more about it in our other article on how eco friendly are recycled printing papers
How recycled paper is produced
Before we get into the best recycled printer paper brands, let’s quickly go over how recycled paper is made. Recycled paper is made from reclaimed pulp, sourced from paper that has been used by consumers and then collected for recycling. This includes old newspapers, magazines, office paper, and so on.
The first step in making recycled paper is to collect the used paper. This paper is then sent to a recycling plant where it is sorted and cleaned. The next step is to break down the used paper into small pieces called “fibers.” These fibers are then mixed with water and chemicals to create a slurry.
The slurry is then fed into a machine called a “paper machine.” The paper machine uses a series of rollers to press the water out of the slurry and form a sheet of paper. The paper is then dried, cut into the desired size, and sent off to be used again!
Now that you know how recycled paper is made, let’s look at 10 of the best-recycled multipurpose paper brands you should consider using for all your printing and copying needs.
Amazon basics 30% recycled printing paper
Starting with one of the most popular recycled paper brands, Amazon basics. This 30% recycled printing paper is one of the top-selling products on Amazon. It’s perfect for everyday use, whether you’re printing documents or photos.
- Affordable: At a price lower than most of the products on this list, you really can’t go wrong with this recycled paper.
- This printing paper is made from 30% recycled pulp, which is great for the environment.
- Multipurpose: This versatile, multipurpose paper can be used for printing documents, photos, and more.
- Some users have reported issues with jamming in their printers, but this seems to be a rare occurrence.
- 30% recycled content: While this is great for the environment, it does mean that the paper isn’t as strong as 100% recycled paper.
Printworks 100% recycled paper
Another great recycled printing paper option is Printworks 100% recycled paper. As the name suggests, this paper is made from 100% recycled post-consumer waste.
Printworks has been making environmentally friendly paper products for over 50 years and has recently transitioned to using only recycled paper. They believe that eco-friendly products don’t have to be more expensive, and their paper is proof of that!
- 100% recycled content. Completely made from recycled content, this paper is pretty much the most eco-friendly copy paper out of the 5 brands.
- Packaging is much more premium than other brands on the list
- More expensive than other recycled papers on the list.
- While this is great for the environment, it does mean that the paper isn’t as bright as virgin (non-recycled) paper or paper with mixed content.
Hammermill printer paper
If the above-recycled printing paper option is too much for you, Hammermill also offers a standard printer paper for the individual consumer. This product still has 30% recycled content and is backed by the same dependable brand.
- 30% recycled content.
- 99.99% Jam-free guarantee by Hammermill, signifying good quality paper reams
- Dependable: Hammermill is a well-known and trusted brand when it comes to paper products.
- A more expensive option, but this is to be expected with a brand like Hammermill.
Hammermill 30% recycled copy paper pallet
If you’re in an office looking for reliable recycled printing paper, look no further than Hammermill’s 30% recycled copy paper. This product is perfect for high-volume printing and comes on a pallet with 80 cases of paper.
Hammermill started as a paper company in 1898 and has been producing high-quality paper ever since. Its mission is to make the world a better place by providing people with the tools they need to do their best work while not compromising on sustainability.
- High-volume: Perfect for offices or businesses that do a lot of printing. Comes on a pallet with 80 cases of paper.
- Brighter paper than other recycled paper brands on this list
- Dependable: Like the other Hammermill product on this list, this paper is backed by a well-known and trusted brand.
- Not suitable for individual consumers. This product is meant for businesses or offices (after all it is 80 cases!)
HP recycled printing paper
The list of printing papers wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the biggest name in the printing market. HP is one of the biggest players in the printing business and with its range of recycled printing paper reams designed specifically for its printers (which are obviously the most widely used printers in the world) they’ve really taken their game to the next level. Although the paper is only 30% recycled, they have received countless accolades on the sustainability of this particular product.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Acid-free: This paper won’t yellow or crumble over time.
- Strict sourcing standards: HP only sources paper from well-managed forests.
- Mixed content: This paper is only 30% recycled, which means it isn’t as eco-friendly as some of the other options on this list.
There you have it! 5 of the best-recycled printing paper brands that you should consider using for all your printing needs. Recycled paper is a great way to go green and help the environment, so why not make the switch today? Your wallet (and the planet) will thank you in the long run!