If you’re concerned about the environment, you’ve likely considered switching to sustainable paper towels at home; if not, this post will help you understand why you should. Here are 7 great reasons to use eco friendly paper towels that will make you feel better about your environmental impact.
Why are eco friendly paper towels “Eco friendly”?
Sustainable paper towels are made from recycled paper or bamboo and optionally include natural inks and fragrances. Recycling paper reduces the demand for trees, which helps reduce deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions, whereas bamboo is one of the most sustainable materials on Earth.
The aim of sustainable paper towels (like other eco friendly alternatives) is to avoid the use of toxic chemicals that may harm workers or pollute the environment, as well as to minimize land pollution globally. Eco friendly paper towels in recent years have blown up in popularity, and are the first choice for the environmentally conscious community today.
How eco friendly paper towels are made
Sustainable paper towel manufacturing is a complex process that uses various eco friendly materials (and sometimes eco friendly dyes) to make products of all colors, designs, and sizes. The primary ingredient used to make these paper towels is pulp made from either recycled cardboard or bamboo.
Optionally, natural plant-based dyes and fragrances are also added to enhance the look and odor of these paper towels, but most manufacturers keep the process fragrant and dye-free. The rest of the process is similar to creating paper towels from virgin paper pulp, which includes flattening into sheets, perforating, and rolling into a finished product. If you want to know more about bamboo-based or recycled paper towels, check out the article below.
7 reasons why you should use eco friendly paper towels at home?
- It’s better for the environment! Using sustainable paper towels reduces the environmental impact of your cleaning routine. It’s eco-friendly, non-toxic, and durable!
- It’s better for you! Eco friendly paper towels don’t contain harmful chemicals like formaldehyde or chemical dyes, meaning they won’t irritate your skin or trigger allergies, making them safer for your family – especially children!
- They promote sustainable manufacturers! Eco friendly companies and suppliers follow strict manufacturing practices, ensuring the entire cycle is built around sustainability. By switching to eco friendly paper towels, you are also supporting these companies and the processes the follow..
- It’s better for your wallet! Contrary to popular belief, sustainable paper towels are not expensive, but in fact, can save you money. Most stores online, as well as grocery stores, offer multipacks containing as many as 50 rolls per pack! With increased competition, the prices are on par (if now lower) than most regular paper towel manufacturers today.
- They show your support for sustainable living. Using eco friendly paper towels at home shows that you care about more than just your own well-being – it shows that you care about others and want to reduce the environmental impact of your family, help stop deforestation and preserve natural resources for future generations.
- It promotes recycling! Buying eco friendly paper towels (and other sustainable products in general) helps promote the recycling of materials such as cardboard. Since you are buying a recycled product, you are also paying for the costs of the recycling plant, a crucial actor in the manufacturing process of sustainable paper towels.
- It supports green jobs all over the world! Thousands of eco friendly companies employ tens of thousands of people for manufacturing, packaging, marketing, wholesale, and consulting. Being an eco consumer is a vote for these sustainable companies working tirelessly across the globe!
How to check if the paper towels are really eco friendly?
There are a few shady companies out there that portray themselves as eco-manufacturers but are just out there to get a quick buck. If you want to ensure that the eco friendly paper towels you are buying are truly sustainable, then be on the lookout for the following:
- Look for any eco symbols that may show affiliation with an established environmental organization, most good manufacturers have partnerships or certifications affiliated with such companies.
- Check the ingredients to see if they have any chemicals, harmful fragrances, or toxic dyes.
- Look for any government-based environmental logo on the package, such as the EU Ecolabel. Many governments have specific sectors that ensure that the product offered is eco friendly in all aspects, including manufacturing, procurement, and even distribution.
Where can I buy eco friendly paper towels?
If you are looking for sustainable paper towels in your local store then you can simply ask an employee or the manager. Alternatively, look for eco friendly logos, labels, or organic symbols. Most stores today sell eco friendly paper towels in North America, Europe, and Australia, and many even have an environmental section dedicated to similar products!
Purchasing online is also a convenient way to shop – you can compare prices between suppliers and often find special offers or discount coupons on large orders. You can find sustainable paper towels on almost any large online store, such as Amazon, or Walmart
Why eco friendly paper towels are the future?
Eco friendly manufacturing practices reduce the environmental impact of your family while helping preserve natural resources for future generations. Buying eco friendly paper towels is a vote for the sustainable manufacturing processes that create jobs in developed countries and developing nations!
Sustainable paper towels will save you money, promote recycling, create less waste made of synthetic materials and help support green jobs all over the world! Millions of people around the world care about this planet, and the only way to ensure a better future it is to start moving towards sustainable alternatives such as these.